Friday, December 31, 2010

ARTINFO interviews Gagosian HK director

ARTINFO's "Conversations with" series has recently published an interview with Nick Simunovic, the director of Gagosian's newish Asian outpost in Hong Kong. The growing importance of the Asian market and the buying power of collectors in the East cannot be ignored (this blog has followed the trend closely since its launch in September) making the interview not only interesting but also incredibly relevant. In particular, I agree with Nick's view that "to think that every Chinese collector is going to end up collecting Western art is a canard. A small percentage of people will end up doing so, but my guess is that a much larger percentage will stick to what they love and know best: Chinese antiquities and Chinese painting."

1 comment:

  1. I agree with him as well, I myself also work in art world here in Asia!

    ReplyDelete